Reporting to the Store Manager and area managers, the Ordering Associate ensures that the store maintains appropriate product levels in order to meet customer demand and ultimately to meet sales and profitability goals.
The primary responsibilities and duties of the Ordering Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Research sales patterns and inventory movement.
- Work with the Inventory Controller to reconcile POS inventory counts with physical on-hand counts in order to maintain accurate inventory levels essential to placing timely and optimum order quantities.
- Work closely with corporate buyers and make recommendations on improving inventory assortment (identifying slow and fast movers) and ideal quantities on-hand.
- Place and expedite product orders on a timely basis to ensure optimum inventory levels are maintained.
- Ensure all product shipments are physically received accurately and documented correctly in the POS back office system.
- Manage all open Purchase Orders to ensure they are received or otherwise closed.
- Prepare and update reports on balances, shortages and discrepancies.
- Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
Minimum of a High School Diploma. Strong mathematical skills
- Minimum two years’ ordering experience
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Office Suite, POS Systems
- Catapult or similar POS experience would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the nutrition and wellness industry and products would be beneficial but not necessary.
Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills enabling effective interaction and problem resolution with co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical reasoning with exceptional organizational skills.
- Standing and bending for long periods
- Close vision at a computer for part of the day requiring manual dexterity in operating a keyboard
- Capable of moving/lifting up to 75lbs
- Weekend shifts and evenings may be required
|Job Category||Customer Service|