- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup strong coffee, hot
- 1 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Alter Eco chocolate bar
- 3 Alter Eco chocolate bars, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease an 8” square or a 9” round cake pan and line with parchment.
2. Whisk cocoa powder and hot coffee in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside to cool.
3. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
4. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
5. Slowly stir in cocoa mixture.
6. Pour batter in prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
8. Heat cream in a small saucepan until it reaches a boil.
9. Pour cream over chopped chocolate, set aside for 5 minutes, and then stir until smooth.
10. Pour ganache over the cooled cake.
11. With a vegetable peeler, shave chocolate onto the top of the cake.
Everything for this recipe can be purchased at your local Nutrition Smart, to find the closest location to you click here.