The expression “icing on the cake” was made for this cheesecake recipe. The topping on this cheesecake is what makes it a staple on our dessert tables. It’s perfect for dinner parties, holidays or just when you’re craving something decadent!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Serves 12
- 2 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs (about 40 squares crushed)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Organic Valley butter, melted
- 24 oz Organic Valley cream cheese (3 packages) softened
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Organic Valley large brown eggs,
- 1/2 cup Organic Valley sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract topping
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Organic Valley heavy
whipping cream, whipped
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a small bowl. Stir in butter,
then press the mixture into bottom of a greased 9” springform pan and up 2” high
on the sides. Bake at 350° F for 5 minutes, then remove crust from oven and reduce
heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Add egg yolks and beat on low until combined.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into the cream
cheese mixture, then pour over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10
minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen, then cool for
another hour. Refrigerate until completely cool. Combine the sour cream, sugar,
and vanilla. Fold in whipped cream and spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate