Mac & Cheese with Peppers and Peas
Mac & cheese with peppers and peas! Yep its as yummy as it sounds. Mix peas & peppers into your Annie’s Shells & Aged Cheddar, top with crushed Cheddar Bunnies (for crunch & cuteness) and dinner is served!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 box of Annie’s Homegrown Mac & Cheese Classic
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup of finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup of Annies Homegrown Cheddar Bunnies, crushed
- In a 2-quart saucepan, make mac & cheese as directed on the box, increasing milk to 1/2 cup. Then remove from heat.
- Stir in bell peppers, peas, and 3/4 cup of the cheese until it is well mixed.
- Cook over medium-low heat three to four minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/4 cheese and crackers until it is well mixed. Than sprinkle evenly over mac & cheese.
- Serve and savor!