Nothing says summer like a fresh batch of homemade salsa and organic tortilla chips! Enjoy this easy and delicious recipe from the founder of @latejulyorganic, Nicole Bernard Dawes!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Serves: 8
- 3 to 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small bunch of cilantro , chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 limes, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Late July chips
- Optional ingredients: mango, avocado, tomatillos, sweet corn, black beans
- Mix the tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro & jalapeño in a large bowl and stir well.
- Juice the limes into the mix, and add salt to taste. Add avocado, tomatillos,
sweet corn, or beans. Alternately, prepare a second version using mango as a base.
- Serve with chips.
- Chef’s tip: prepare this salsa an hour ahead and let all those delicious flavors
soak and mix.