Ah, yes, the ever so popular cake pop can be s’more-ified too. This is the #semihomemade way to do it, so feel free to get your chef hat on and make some of these ingredients from scratch, you over go-getter you!
- 2 cups heavy cream (or vegan substitute)
- 1 bag Dandies marshmallows
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 boxed vanilla cake, prepared according to package
- 9 oz Endangered Species 72% chocolate ( 3 bars)
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 1 1/2 sleeves graham crackers, crumbled.
- To make your frosting: warm the heavy cream and marshmallows in a large pot on the stove, medium heat. Mix constantly until the marshmallow is fully melted.
- Add the powdered sugar and salt, stir, and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Once chilled, beat on high in an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth.
- To make the cake balls: Finely crumble your vanilla cake into a large bowl. Add 1 cup of frosting and begin to mix with a large spatula until the mix begins to come together. If the batch is still falling apart, add bits of frosting incrementally until you get a moldable mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion roughly 24 balls onto parchment or wax paper. Roll each scoop in to a smooth ball by hand. Place in the freezer 20 minutes to chill.
- To apply the lollipop sticks: melt ½ of a chocolate bar in the microwave, in 30 second intervals, stirring between until chocolate melts. Dip ¼ inch of a lollipop stick into the chocolate, and firmly insert into the cake ball, making it a cake-pop! Repeat for each cake ball and place in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes. This ensures the balls won’t fall off the sticks.
- To assemble: Place graham cracker crumbles in a wide shallow bowl.
- Melt down the remaining chocolate in 30 second intervals in your microwave, stirring between intervals until melted. Remove the cake pops from the refrigerator and begin dipping. Use a skewer to help ease off excess chocolate when you dip, or you can also gently tap the pops on the side of the bowl. Roll the ball in graham, and place stick side down into a pre-punch card board box. If you place them back down with the cake side down, this will create a little “foot” on each pop.
- Let set at room temperature until the chocolate has hardened.