Nothing says summer like a fresh batch of homemade salsa and organic tortilla chips! Enjoy this easy and delicious recipe from the founder of @latejulyorganic, Nicole Bernard Dawes!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Serves: 8
- 3 to 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small bunch of cilantro , chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 limes, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Late July chips
- Optional ingredients: mango, avocado, tomatillos, sweet corn, black beans
- Mix the tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro & jalapeño in a large bowl and stir well.
- Juice the limes into the mix, and add salt to taste. Add avocado, tomatillos,
sweet corn, or beans. Alternately, prepare a second version using mango as a base.
- Serve with chips.
- Chef’s tip: prepare this salsa an hour ahead and let all those delicious flavors
soak and mix.
Turkey Burger Lettuce Wraps
It’s the perfect time of year to bring together family and friends, fire up the grill, and whip up everyone’s favorite dish. Pair these amazing turkey burger lettuce wraps with pineapple slices and fresh cilantro for a true seasonal feast packed with mouthwatering flavor! Whole30 and Paleo-approved, it’s hard to go wrong with this Rockstar list of ingredients.
- Prep Time: 50min
- Serves: 4
- 4 pineapple rings
- Sprinkle of chili pepper (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 medium red or yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 4 Applegate Organics Turkey Burgers
- 1 head of butter lettuce (torn into individual leaves)
- 1-2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 4 heaping Tablespoons of Primal Kitchen Classic Mayo (garnish)
- Cilantro (garnish)
- For a hot and sweet wrap, dust each pineapple ring with chili pepper.
- Coat a cast iron skillet with coconut oil and sear each pineapple ring until it is warmed through and begins to caramelize ( about 3 minutes per side) Set aside.
- Add the sliced onions and coconut aminos to the skillet, and grill the onions until they’re soft and translucent (about 10 minutes). Set aside with the pineapple rings.
- Grill each turkey burger patty until its fully cooked through ( 5 to 6 minutes per side)
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter. Stack a turkey burger patty, pineapple ring, onions and generous serving of avocado and mayo inside each leaf.
- Garnish each patty with cilantro
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog Bites
It’s time to up your hot dog game. Wrap your Applegate Hot Dog Bites in salty strips of bacon, sprinkle them with fresh garden parsley, and serve them up with savory, mouthwatering Primal mayo-ranch dip! Perfect as a game day appetizer, Labor Day delight, or BBQ starter, these Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog Bites are sinfully good and Keto-friendly!
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 package of Applegate Organics Uncured Beef Hot Dogs
- 1 package of Applegate Naturals No Sugar Bacon
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Classic Mayo
- 4 Tablespoons Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, minced (optional garnish)
- Quarter hot dogs and wrap each piece with 1/4 slice of bacon
- Fire up your grill ( or use a cast iron skillet) and grill each piece until fully heated through and bacon is crispy.
- While your hot dogs are grilling, mix together mayo and ranch dressing until well combined.
- Arrange the grilled hot dogs on a platter, garnish with a sprinkle of fresh parsley, and serve with your zesty mayo-ranch dip.
Albacore Tuna Pinwheels
Back to school lunches are a breeze with these tuna pinwheels made with Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1 small, ripe avocado, mashed OR 4 Tablespoons of hummus
- 2 flour tortillas or gluten-free wraps
- 5 ounce can of Wild Planet Albacore Wild Tuna, undrained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup of cucumber, thinly sliced
- Spread an equal amount of either mashed avocado or hummus onto each of the two tortillas/wraps.
- Using a fork, flake the tuna in a bowl and reincorporate the natural juices from the can. Add the lemon juice and mix.
- Towards one end of each tortilla, layer an equal amount of spinach, carrots, and cucumber in a row.
- Top each tortilla with half the tuna mixture. Roll up tightly and cut into one inch slices.
- Secure each with a toothpick. Serve and enjoy!